It is a fact of life that the older men get, the less testosterone they will have flowing through their veins. And while a natural change during life, low testosterone levels may be the source of some annoying but easily treatable symptoms. In this article, we will discuss testosterone and the benefits of testosterone cream for men.
What is Testosterone?
Essentially, testosterone is the hormone made in the testicles and is important for normal male development. Testosterone has a hand in skeletomuscular development, the building of muscle mass with the bone density to hang it on. It is responsible for all the chaos that occurs with puberty and the driving force behind facial hair, a deeper voice, and adequate and healthy sperm development.
Testosterone hormone levels are vital to male sexual development and functions. The ramping up of this hormone production in puberty is counterpoised by a steady lowering of production in the onset of middle age. While not all men encounter problematically low testosterone levels as they age, there is a growing number who do.
Some men have low testosterone levels. This is called Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome (TD) or Low Testosterone (Low-T). Deficiency means that the body does not have enough of a needed substance. A syndrome is a group of symptoms that, together, suggest a disease or health condition.
What Does Low Testosterone in Men Look Like?
According to standards put in place by the American Urology Association, Low testosterone occurs when an individual produces less than 300 nanograms per deciliter of fluid. What does this mean in layman’s terms? Well, it can spill over into the following symptoms:
- Low sex drive: As testosterone is a key driver of men’s libido, a decline in testosterone production could lead to a decreased sex drive. For those with significantly lower testosterone levels, such a decrease may be substantial.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is a frequent complaint among those with lowered testosterone levels – and this relates directly to the loss of muscle mass and increased weight gain.
- Reduced muscle mass: While low testosterone affects muscle mass, it does not necessarily mean that strength is decreased. However, when accompanied by fatigue and general malaise, this can open the door to weight gain by increasing body fat.
- Difficulty concentrating: Low levels of testosterone have been associated with cognitive functions such as memory and the ability to concentrate, which, in turn, has been found to affect mood negatively.
- Erectile Dysfunction: In addition to being the male libido hormone, testosterone is also crucial for achieving and maintaining an erection by activating other chemicals in the body to jump on board.
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, then a visit to your primary care physician for tests is highly recommended.
Uses of Testosterone Cream
Testosterone cream is an effective avenue of testosterone therapy for people suffering from low testosterone. And low testosterone can result from more than the natural aging process. For instance, it is used as a therapy for those born with Klinefelter Syndrome. Testosterone therapy (TT) is used to supplement the body’s natural source of testosterone when the testicles and been damaged or have had to be removed.
The uses of TT are expanding as knowledge in the field of testosterone deficiency is growing. More people are being prescribed testosterone cream as a convenient and effective treatment for their testosterone deficiency.
Benefits of Testosterone Cream
- Increases muscle mass, strength, and endurance
- Improves libido and sex drive
- Reduces visceral and subcutaneous fat
- Lowers cholesterol
- Increases bone density
- Collagen and skin tone support
- Helps protect against cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Improves cognition and memory
- Lowers insulin resistance
How to Apply Testosterone Cream
The application procedure depends on the prescription instructions, although your typical application is once per day. Apply the cream at the same time daily, preferably when you can remember to do so. Immediately after drying off from your morning shower is a good time to do this.
Since different companies produce testosterone differently, your doctor will understand the nature of your prescription. Please read their instructions carefully and contact them immediately if you have any questions or concerns.
How Long Does it Take for Testosterone Cream to Work?
One of the most common questions about testosterone creams is their effectiveness and timeline. In other words, how long will it take for you to feel the results? It is a good question and can be answered simply by saying that your result may vary depending on dosage and application regimen. Discussing your situation with a doctor is really the best way to get accurate data for yourself.
However, in strictly general terms, the efficacy is usually felt within 4 to 6 weeks of starting the treatment. But in some cases, the results may not be realized until around the three-month mark.
How to Buy Testosterone Cream
Buy testosterone cream from a reputable pharmacy and only with a prescription from your doctor. Testosterone therapy involves changing critical functions of your body and so should not be treated as a physique enhancer (like steroids used to be). By adjusting your hormone levels, your entire body is involved. Your doctor needs to have you under observation so that they can help you if, at any time during your regimen, something is not looking right.
Some companies tout their testosterone cream over the counter and effective, but there is no substantive research to back up that claim. It is better to save your money and allow a legitimate professional to be your guide. This is where EVOLVE comes into your life! Our Patient Care team consists of qualified, knowledgeable, and supportive industry experts. Testosterone therapy and hormone optimization are what we do best, and we have the credentials to back them up.
Our team of professionals will review your lab results and match you with the proper dosage your body needs. To get started with your testosterone cream treatment, schedule a call with Patient Care @EVOLVE today!